Tuesday, March 29, 2011

On Moonlight in the Garden and Young Love

For me I create by scents.  There is a wonderful primalness to how the scent of a thing can grab you and transport you to a memory, a moment in time, or even to a new place.  I create in reverse, that is I try to capture a moment, then think about the scents that would make that moment in time. 

I wanted to find a scent that would recall the early weeks of my husband and my courtship, that scent of soft goodnight kisses at the front door, under the moonlight.  A time of young love, sweet embraces and my mother's garden inside our courtyard, when we'd say our goodnights.  I blended a french lavender, roses jasmine, and freesia, to make that sweet longing scent I remembered. 

The resulting bars are peachy with soft veins of rose pink swirling thru, the perfect shade of young romance.

You can find the bars here, if you want one of your own.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/70463597/moonlight-in-the-garden-rose-jasmine-and

No comments:

Post a Comment